The D2 MKII is a high quality dynamic microphone with a full bodied sound and an excellent transient response. It has a consistent cardioid polar pattern for a low off -axis coloration and a good rejection of unwanted sounds.
The D2 MK II is a high quality dynamic microphone with a fullbodied sound and an excellent transient response. It has a consistent cardioid polar pattern for a low off-axis coloration and a good rejection of unwanted sounds.
The D2 MKII has a flat response with
a mild lift in the upper midrange. It will exhibit a
bass boost in the 75-300 Hz area at short distances due to the proximity effect
which can help make voices and instruments sound fuller.
The three switches allows the user to adjust the frequency response. There are two switches for selecting two different bass rolloff filters and one switch for lowering the response in a broad range centered around 5 kHz.
Equipped with an internal windscreen, an external pop filter will usually not be needed. The 5/8’ thread adator in the stand adaptor matches different stand gauges.
The D2 MK II is a versatile microphone that will perform very well in many applications, in the studio, on stage and in broadcast applications, for speech/vocals and instruments like kick-drum and electric bass.
Using the D2:
The D2 can be used with any standard mixer or preamp. Use either a XLR to XLR or XLR to 1/4” plug low impedance cable. Do not use the D2 with 48V phantom power engaged.
When mounting the D2 MKII to the stand you may need to remove the threaded adapter from the mic holder, depending on the threading of the mic stand.
The D2 MKII should point towards the sound source.
- Be aware of the proximity effect (an increase in bass response) when the mic is close to the sound source). This can be a good or a
bad thing. You can adjust the bass response by changing the distance from the mic to the sound source for an optimum result in different applications.
- You can also use the bass rolloff filters to lower or remove the bass boost:
The switch to the left engages a bass roll off filter that is about 3 dB down at 120 Hz and 5 dB at 50 Hz.
- The switch in the middle engages a bass roll off filter that is about 3 dB down at 210 Hz and 10 dB at 100 Hz.
- The switch to the right engages a filter that lowers a range centered around 5 kHz with a maximum of about 4 dB. This filter is active in about the same frequency range as the presence peak and therefore lowers it when it is engaged.
- Do experiment with mic placement and with the filters!
- High output dynamic cartridge for a big and powerful sound.
A clear, distinct and full bodied sound with a mild lift in the upper midrange and an increasing bass boost at closer distances.
Cardioid polar pattern that reduces feedback in live use.
- Three switches for tailoring the sound.
- Rugged metal body
- Cartridge type: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity:-52dB (0dB=1V/Pa@1kHz)
- Output impedance: 250 ohm