tube active ribbon microphone
The R 1 TUBE ACTIVE is like a missing link of true old-school vintage recording in that it combines three vintage elements:
- A classic ribbon transducer.
- Two transformers.
- A tube buffer amplifier.
You might think that a ribbon, transformers and a tube amplifying stage will make the signal too smooth? It´s true that the sound of the R1 Tube Active is truly warm and fat, but the combination of the tube stage and the transformers will generate overtones that makes the signal come alive.
If you are into mics, if instant no-need-to-mix good-sounding recording is your thing, if you are looking for a unique yet versatile mic, this is it!
- The unmatched natural and musical sound of a classical ribbon microphone combined with the consistent sound quality offered by the addition of active electronics.
- A low-noise 12AX7 tube amplifier that isolates the ribbon and gain make-up transformer from the outside world.
- A stunning realism with the feeling of “being-there”.
- The typical large and mellow ribbon sound quality with a very smooth top end and an extended low end.
- A fast and life-like transient reproduction.
- An ultra-high SPL capability, 165 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1000Hz) and a very high sensitivity for a ribbon micro- phone, similar to many condenser microphones.
- A Figure-8 directional pattern for wide sweet spots both in the front and in the back of the microphone. Zero spots towards the sides.
- A 50 mm long ribbon made of 2 microns thick aluminium foil.
- An internal shock mount for the ribbon and magnet assembly.
- A removable microphone cable and a nice aluminium ight case.
- Manufactured of the nest materials for a great performance and long-term reliability.
- The R1 Tube Active can be used with any standard mixer or preamp, prefer- ably with a balanced input.