FC1 MKII Condenser Microphone
Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The FC 1 MKII is a high quality large capsule condenser microphone, inspired by classical microphone models. It is is very a versatile microphone with a wide frequency response and a large dynamic range. It will perform great in the studio or in live sound and broadcast applications.
The FC 1 has a center-terminated capsule with a sweet top end and can handle loud sounds without harshness or other problems.
The output transformer handles bass well and adds that extra fat sound that only transformers can deliver. The retro EQ in the FC 1 MKII is set to deliver maximum sound quality with as many sound sources as possible.
The sound character of the FC 1 MKII is similar to vintage microphones and it is well suited to be used with most instruments and voices. It works very well on vocals and choirs, acoustic and electric guitars and other fretted instruments, as a drum overhead or room mic and in any other application where you would use a big capsule condenser mic. The FC 1 MKII comes with a spider style shock mount.
- True condenser mic with 26mm, 6um gold-sputtered,low distorsion capsule mounted on an effective internal shock mount.
- Low noise F.E.T. as first amplifying device.
- Discrete class A electronics with vintage style
- EQ and a transformer balanced output stage.
- Cardioid polar pattern.
- Internal switch for a 100 Hz high-pass filter.
- Heavy duty brass body.
- Shock mount included.
- Gold plated XLR connector.
- Requires 48 V phantom power.
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Transducer: Condenser
- Diaphragm: 1.02″ / 26.0 mm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17 dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL
- THD: 0.5%
- Impedance: 250 Ohms
- Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -36.5 dB at 1 kHz
- Output Connectors: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Operating Current: Consumption 3.0 mA
- Operating Voltage: 48 V