TC1 Condenser Microphone
Multi-Pattern Tube Microphone
The TC1 is one of our top products. It is a warm-sounding, large capsule tube condenser microphone. The TC 1 is a classic tube mic with selectable pad and highpass filter and nine different polar patterns for very little money.
The TC1 is a very versatile microphone with a wide frequency response and a large dynamic range. It will perform great in the studio or in live sound and broadcast applications.
It’s sound character is similar to vintage tube microphones and it will sound superb on most instruments and voices.
Use it on vocals and choirs, acoustic and electric guitars and other fretted instruments, as a drum overhead or room mic and in any other application where you would use a vintage style tube condenser mic.
The TC1 comes with all accessories in an aluminum flight case, a shock mount is included.
- True condenser mic with 26mm/3 µm, gold-sputtered, low-distortion dual capsule
- Mounted on an effective internal shockmount (included)
- Equipped with a selected low-noise 6072/12AT7 vacuum tube
- Discrete, Class-A tube electronics with vintage-style EQ and transformer-balanced output stage
- Nine polar patterns including cardioid, omni, figure-8, and six intermediate stages, give you many ways to model the sound. The room pickup, proximity effect, and tonal response change with the different patterns
- External switches for high-pass filter and pad
- Heavy-duty brass body
- External power supply with polar pattern selector
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Transducer: Condenser
- Diaphragm: 1.02″ / 26 mm
- Tube: Yes
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Pattern Selection: Switched
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18 dB
- Maximum SPL: 140 dB SPL
- Pad: -10 dB
- THD: 1%
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -36 dB at 1 kHz
- Low-Cut Filter: 3 dB/Octave @ 100 Hz